Monday, February 1, 2010

Minnesota 'Ice



This past weekend I wandered over to the Art Shanty Projects on Medicine Lake. The project is really interesting--artists are asked to build a shanty, and therein an experience, for visitors. Shanty art ranged from a dance party to a business exchange (no money needed--the price tag for a set of stickers read "reveal your superpower to a stranger") to learning Norwegian to constellation gawking.






The Photo Shanty let this kid experiment with reflection by cooking a hotdog with the sun...



The Fantashanty was my favorite - transporting visitors to a fantasy land the minute they walked in.





My cousin Katie moved up here last week from Kansas City. I thought--why not introduce her to Minnesota the right way? "Welcome to Minnesota. Come walk across a frozen lake with me to learn Norwegian in an ice fishing hut." It's almost poetic.



Learn more about the project here.

No comments:

Post a Comment