Friday, February 19, 2010

Fantasy Land

Last weekend Jake celebrated his birthday along with a few other Aquarians at one of the strangest, most awesome apartments I've ever seen. The Party Wizard's place consists of 5 apartments transformed into one giant fantasy land of theme rooms riddled with secret passages and the like. Now, I don't think I'm alone when I say that every kid (big kids, too) dreams of having secret passages in their home. As far as I'm concerned, the Party Wizard is officially living the dream.

It was dark, and I didn't want to be crazy flash lady at the party, so I took very few photos. But here's a taste of what I saw.



Bourbon Street (above) was just a wall away from where the Rolling Stones tribute band played on stage (below).



There was a room devoted to the Party Wizard's favorite Twilight Zone episode. It was playing the soundtrack on repeat. The creepiest part was that the only way to get to it was by opening the brick wall.




Rooms that I didn't get photos of included the inside of the Genie's Lamp, a log cabin, a funky living room, an African-themed room, Elvis's Graceland and the inside of a plane. Even the bathrooms were themed. One had a guitar as the toilet seat. Another had mirrors everywhere (below).




And again, did I mention the secret passageways?



For more insight into this place, check out the news story on it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment